Introduction of Crestor 10mg Tablet
Crestor 10mg Tablet belongs to a group of medicines called statins.
Crestor 10mg Tablet is a commonly used medication and is considered safe for long-term use. It can be taken with a meal or with an empty stomach. You can take it at any time of the day but try to take it at the same time every day.
It is advisable to monitor your cholesterol levels frequently. This medication is just one part of the treatment programme which should also include a balanced diet, physical exercise, smoking cessation, alcohol consumption and weight loss. You can eat normally when taking this medication, but try to avoid high fat foods.
Consult your doctor if they continue or if you experience any yellowing of your eyes or repeated or unexplained muscle pain. Pregnant and breast-feeding women should take this medicine with proper consultation and caution.
1. Bersot TP. Drug Therapy for Hypercholesterolemia and Dyslipidemia. In: Brunton LL, Chabner BA, Knollmann BC, editors.
2. Goodman & Gilman’s: The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics. 12th ed. New York, New York: McGraw-Hill Medical; 2011. pp. 893-902.Gotto AM Jr, Opie LH.
3. Lipid-Modifying Antiatherosclerotic Drugs. In: Opie LH, Gersh BJ, editors.
4. Drugs for the Heart. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Elsevier Saunders; 2013. pp. 420-22.Briggs GG, Freeman RK, editors.
5. A Reference Guide to Fetal and Neonatal Risk: Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation. 10th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer Health; 2015. pp. 1238-39.
6. Rosuvastatin calcium. Carolina, Puerto Rico: IPR Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; 2003. [Accecssed 20 Mar. 2019] (online) Available from:Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US); 2006.
7. Rosuvastatin. [Updated 2019 Jun 3]. [Accessed 19 Feb. 2020] (online) Available from:Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO). [Accessed 19 Mar. 2019] (online)
9. BNF 73