This medicine is for oral use only. Swallow this medication as a whole with water. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take this medication at a fixed time each day if it is indicated for everyday use.
—Precautionary Steps of Micardis 40mg Tablet—
- Hypersensitivity to telmisartan
- Biliary obstructive disorders
- Concomitant use with aliskiren in patients with DM or renal impairment
- Severe hepatic impairment
- 2nd & 3rd trimesters of pregnancy
- Potassium sparing diuretics
- Potassium supplements and salt substitutes containing potassium
- ACE inhibitors
- Direct renin-inhibitor aliskiren
- Tell your doctor if you have any other diseases or if you are taking any other medication
- Do not discontinue the prescribed course
Avoid drinking alcohol. It can further lower your blood pressure and may exaggerate some of the side effects of Micardis 40mg Tablet.
The use of Micardis 40mg Tablet is not recommended in the first trimester and it is not allowed during the second and third trimester. It is proved that Micardis 40mg Tablet will exert toxic effects on the human foetus during the second and third trimester.
There is no information available regarding the use of Micardis 40mg Tablet during breast-feeding, therefore, it is not recommended. Alternative treatments with better-established safety profiles during breast-feeding are preferable.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well. Micardis 40mg Tablet may cause side effects such as dizziness or drowsiness, all of which could affect the ability to concentrate and drive.
Micardis 40mg Tablet effectively and safely reduces blood pressure and brought about the regression of proteinuria in diabetic and non-diabetic, hypertensive, proteinuric patients with chronic kidney disease, even in those with mild-to-moderate chronic renal failure.
Occasional elevations of liver chemistries occurred in patients treated with Micardis 40mg Tablet. Dose adjustment may be required in patients with mild to moderate liver impairment. It is contraindicated in patients with severe liver impairment.